Have you ever made cookies for your dogs?
This Christmas my girlfriend made some for her dog Peggie and for Maya & Loki. They really loved it so I thought I could share to receipt if anyone wants to try it.
Homemade Cookies for Dogs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.*
- Let cool completely.
Our friends at Village Bakery published an article that helps you find the best cookbook for your dog.
In this article, they compare different books and review them one by one to tell you which one is the best, which contains the most information about nutrition, diets, recipes and many more.
Read the full article: https://www.village-bakery.com/best-dog-food-cookbooks/
Check out their blog: https://www.village-bakery.com/